Sunday, October 10, 2010

Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park - Grand Rapids, Michigan



My trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan was essentially to see the Chicago artists participation at the Art Prize, 2010.. click here..
However, I was up for major surprizes. Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park is a sculptural paradise.. This post on on some of the awesome pieces I saw there..
To add, there was a Temporary exhibit "A New Eden" - by Dale Chihuly..

Apart from my Blog entries, I have uploaded many more images on my FaceBook Albums..
# Frederik Meijer Garden and Sculpture Park....
# A New Eden - Dale Chihuly [Temporary Exhibit]..
# Art Prize, 2010..



Bend of Mind..
By Tony Cragg..
2005..



Aria..
By Alexander Liberman [American, born Russia, 1912-1999]
Pianted Steel, 1979-1983..



A Two-Faced Guy..
By Alexander Calder..



Visitation..
By Joseph Kinnebren..
1997.



B-Tree II
by Kenneth Snelson



Figure on a Trunk (Figura su Tronco)
by Magdalena Abakanowicz..
1998/ Bronze..



I, You, She or He..
By Jaume Plensa [Spanish, born: 1955]
Stainless Steel and Stone, 2006..



Scarlatti..
By Mark di Suvero
2000..
Corten (weathering) and Stainless Steel ..



Cabin Creek..
by Deborah Butterfield
1999 /Bronze



The American Horse..
by Nina Akamu..
1998 / Bronze..



Number 26..
Number 25 and Number 26
By Hanneke Beaumont..



Fred and Lena Meijer..
By A. Joseph Kinkel..

My eight hours in Grand Rapids, Michigan resulted in the maximum number of sculptural images I've taken in a day.. Although I can never do justice with all what the great city had to offer, I have tried to document some of the works I saw, in a few Blog posts and few FaceBook albums..

Blog Posts on trip to Grand Rapids..
# Art Prize, 2010.. click here..
# "A New Eden" - by Dale Chihuly..
# Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park..

Facebook Albums on trip to Grand Rapids..
# Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park....
# A New Eden - Dale Chihuly [Temporary Exhibit]..
# Art Prize, 2010..

No comments: