Saturday, March 31, 2012

Website for Richard Harris


What is keeping me busy these days?
I am into making a website, for Richard Harris..
Richard Harris Art Collection.. click here..


I was involved with covering the exhibition, Morbid Curiosity: The Richard Harris Collection.. and now, I am documenting his entire collection, in a website, Richard Harris Art Collection.. and it involves hours and hours of work, leaving me with little time for any other activity. Do check out the website, especially the various photo galleries.. which are still in various stages of completeness..


Documenting Public Art has been my passion and I have been doing it for past 4-5 years. But I have to confess, I failed to imagine the amount of work involved in documenting the huge collection of Richard Harris! I am having mixed feeling, sometimes loving it and sometimes frustated by the hours and hours of work involved. And then, the special challenge for me, is going through the War Collection. It's very depressing is the least I can say. But then, to have the prints by Jacques Callot, Francisco Goya, Otto Dix, the Chapman Brothers and Sandow Birk doumented is a rare opportunity!



I have also been blogging on some features of the exhibition.. One of my favourite is this Ivory Sculpture, "Death, Knight and the Devil", made in the late 1700s. Artist unknown [German]. It copies from a famous piece by Albrecht Durer ["Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse", 1513]. This print was also used by Hieronymus Wierix for his version of "Death, Knight and the Devil". The images can be seen in this post.. click here..

Check out the exhibition..
Morbid Curiosity: Richard Harris Collection
Location: Sidney Yates Gallery at the Chicago Cultural Center..
January 28 – July 8, 2012
Curator: Lucas Cowan
Co-Curator: Debra Purden
Director of Exhibitions: Dr. Elizabeth Lee Kelly..
Presented by Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events in partnership with the Chicago Office of Tourism and Culture..

No comments: